Monday, March 4, 2013

This Story Wants a Happy Ending

This story wants a happy ending. As does my wife. My parents. Her parents. But truth be told, I am starting this journey with no idea as to where it is going to lead any of us. I'm starting this for the need to work through and process one of the major roadblocks in my life. I'm doing this to stay sane and somewhat healthy. I'm also doing this with the hope to help others. I'm not sure anything like this exists or what format it may exist in, but I've started this on my own without influence from others.  As it is, any similarities are coincidental - this is my story and the story of the family that I want to exist. I'm writing this because at this moment, my wife and I can't have the one thing we want beyond anything else in the universe - a child of our own flesh and blood.

We've been trying to have a kid for years. The PG (OK, maybe PG-13) details will come in time, but over the years I have experienced a spectrum of emotions that were at so many times crippling. I want people to know what we're going through and I want men in my position to know that they are not alone in their feelings of helplessness and frustration. So I will be writing about our journey, mostly from my perspective. Just like my own thoughts, we'll be jumping around from the now, to the then, and there and back again. The spectrum of emotions will be a wide range and gallows humor is sure to make a presence from time to time. Again, I have no idea where this is going to take me, but you are welcome to come along as I want to share the journey with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment